Best Specialty FeaturePRODUCT DESIGN Interior Designer $75,001 - $100,000
• The design of the wine display started by coordinating with an existing custom built-in that was left by the previous owners. The additional new cabinetry finishes were selected to coordinate. The bar area was designed with the appropriate appliances and storage needed for a functional entertaining area.
• The feature of the space is the exquisite Cristallo quartzite which included miter edges, waterfall ends, and LED underlighting. Thorough planning and thought went into every detail on how to properly build and light the beautiful stone.
• The wine display glass cases flank the left and right side of the bar towering almost 11 feet in the air. Custom glass doors were added to protect the wine and also create a sleek and architectural element for the room. Modern hardware was used to create a floating bottle design to feature the collection.
• A vibrant cobalt blue and electrical orange/red abstract piece of art from the owners’ collection is highlighted in between the two wine display towers. The piece adds a fun and colorful layer to the space and shows brightly with the added specialty lighting.
• The center of the room holds a frosted glass table surrounded by four rich navy-blue chairs. The table seems to be a simple cocktail table at first glance but can convert to a game table when the client requires. A simple lift of a lever and the table lifts up to give the room a multi-functional aspect.
• A modern collection of glass sculptures and ceramics are displayed along the newly refurbished built-in. The cabinetry balances the room on either side and draws you through the space to the next important feature of the home the outdoor living space.
© 2022 CBIA Sanddollar Awards.