INTERIOR DESIGNRemodel Interior Designer $400,001 - $600,000 Private Residence
The Homeowners had just purchased a dated, Bank Foreclosed single-family home in Quail West when they contacted the designer. The original floorplan was awkward with a sunken Living Room, angled hallways, Crema Marfil Flooring, gold-plated plumbing, etc. They looked to the designer to update the residence while adding their personal Contemporary aesthetic in a mono-chromatic neutral palette with accents of blue. The Designer(s) designed the Interior & Exterior architecture, new floorplan, wine room, floating staircase, Pool House & Pool- in addition to doing all the selections and furnishings!
The Clients had an extensive art collection which the Designer specifically planned for the home. Starting the project with “Client approved Furniture Plans”, the art was placed within the plans & then the lighting plan was created.
– Foyer- the Lucite and specialty wood finish Swaim console, has a sculptural quality. Above the console is an 11’H abstract painting, and cascading glass globe chandelier.
– Living Room- the redesigned fireplace feature wall is clad in chisled limestone tiles, and features the Clients art (specified for this location). The curved 10’W Thayer Coggin chrome base Clip sofa, 12’ x 15’ hand-knotted area rug in a taupe-tone, bunching Cocktail Table (which mimics the custom designed multi-ring chandelier), flanked by two Thayer Coggin iconic chairs, adding drama to the room. All elements are cohesively tied together by the circular/ curved shapes and palette.
– Dining Room- due to the second-floor support column, it was a challenge to space plan the Dining Room and Wine Room. The column was incorporated into the design of the Wine Room, by wrapping it in brushed aluminum and anchoring the glass door on it, to make it appear intentional. The Chandelier, which adds interest and creates a anchor to the dining space, was custom designed and made by an artisan in Israel. A live-edge dining table adds an organic accent to the open floorplan.
– Kitchen- removing walls opened up the original kitchen, and allowed for more cabinet space, a Bar area and an 11.8’L waterfall-edge Island, with Vanguard counter-stools facilitating entertaining.
– Study- the homeowner wanted to feature his favorite art, and have a space to work. A specialty wall detail camouflages a “secret-passageway” from the Study to the Master Suite!
– Master Suite- the bedroom and bathroom entry’s were reworked to remove awkward angles, and create more drama. A 13’H ceiling allows the clients favorite art to be hung over the 72”H Vanguard headboard. A Solene cabinet by Vanguard is flanked by pink hued companion art pieces. The Master Bathroom’s undulating tray ceiling leads ones eye to the freestanding tub, which is in front of a tiled back-lit wall.
– Outdoor Living Area- was designed and created for entertaining! A spacious gathering area is central to the fireplace. The design of the unique two-tier ODK Island, also works as a dining area for friend’s and family.
The Clients are so thrilled with the livability and design of their home that they have decided to live here year-round!
© 2022 CBIA Sanddollar Awards.