Best Master SuitePRODUCT DESIGN Interior Designer $4,000,001 - $5,000,000 Model Home
The opportunity to design a Model and have architectural and furnishing control, is a Residential Designer’s Dream! When the Developer first approached the Designer, there were only basic plans in hand. Drawing inspiration from the clean lines, a Mid-Century Modern inspired aesthetic with a neutral palette, texture and organic elements was chosen. Castlewood 9” wide Oak wood flooring and Sherwin Williams City Loft Paint Color was specified for throughout the home.
– The Master Bedroom features a very linear double-tray ceiling that has LED lighting and is Painted the same Sherwin Williams City Loft color as the walls. This allows the details of the ceiling to be refined to the clean lines. A 36.5” floating ring Chandelier in Brushed Aluminum by WAC adds drama and illuminates the room with an ethereal glow.
– The Headboard Wall detail follows the same geometric linear principle as the ceiling detail, with applied molding and a luminous blue grass-cloth wallcovering by York.
– Shades of steel blue and soft sand create a special retreat, resplendent with a view of the Pool Spa. The upholstered Bed with Cerused greige wood, and Lucite Leg nightstands (one of the Designer’s favorite nightstands) are by Bernhardt. Note the books that are wrapped in the same wallcovering that is on the wall, and silver Sand Dollar on the Nightstand. The Bernhardt Dresser is trimmed in a stainless-steel frame, which ties back to the geometry of the ceiling and headboard wall. A simple decorative box wrapped in textured cobalt blue fabric, and gourd shaped white porcelain vase accent the top of the dresser. A 65” H x 45” W Giclee was hand embellished by the Designer with accents of the exact shade of blue to coordinate with the room.
– The Master Bathroom is bright and light, with 24” square Bianco Dolomite tiles by Marvel Stone. The eye is drawn upward toward the vaulted ceiling with beams that are painted in Sherwin Williams Accessible Beige, as are the cabinets and mirrors. Minka- Lavery 21.75” H polished chrome sconces, Wave Faucets by Rohl, and 63” Bathtub by Signature Hardware were selected to add sparkle. The countertops are Silestone Calcutta. Neutral, white, organic accessories add interest and memory points.
– When walking through the home for the first time with the Designers, the Homeowner’s told them that it was their “most favorite bathroom, ever”!
© 2023 CBIA Sanddollar Awards.